The Right to Information Bill was introduced in the Lok Sabha in December 2004. It was passed by both houses of Parliament in May 2005. The assent of the President was received on 15th June and the Act was notified in The Gazette of India on 21st June. The Right to Information Act has become operational by the 12th October 2005 after the completion of 120 days from the date of Presidential assent. The Freedom of Information Act passed by Parliament in 2002 has been repealed.
|Definition of Information
- Information means material in any form including records, documents, memos, emails, opinions, advices, press releases, circulars, orders, logbooks, contracts, reports, papers, samples, models, data material held in any electronic form and
- Information relating to any private body, which can be accessed by a public authority under any other law for the time being in force.
|Definition of Right to Information
Right to Information accessible under this Act which is held by or under the control of any public authority and includes the right to-
- inspection of work,documents,records.
- taking notes, extracts or certified copies of documents or records.
- taking certified samples of material.
- obtaining information in the form of diskettes, floppies, tapes, video cassettes or in any other electronic mode or through printouts where such information is stored in a computer or in any other device.
|Constitution of RTI Cells in Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti
(A) Regional Office, Lucknow Level :
|| Sh.S K Mund
, Assistant Commissioner ,
e-mail address – email@example.com
Phone No.0522- 2768651
||Public Information Officer (PIO)
, Section Officer (Admn.),
e-mailaddress – firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone No. 0522- 2739098
Mobile No. 9450940517
| Asstt. Public Information Officer (APIO)
Sh. Girish Chandra
Deputy Commissioner, Phone No. 0522-2768123, E-Mail address – email@example.com, Mobile No. 08005489467